Psychotherapists gain empathy for their clients’ concerns through life experiences. Some of the experiences that have added depth to my work include:
- Resolving heartbreak and relationship problems, resulting in a happy marriage
- Experiencing mental illness, divorce, and money conflicts in my childhood family
- Succeeding and failing in business
- Coping with personal health issues (I’m okay now)
- Encountering spiritual phenomena, including a life-changing, near-death-like experience (NDLE). (I only address spiritual or religious issues if requested.)
- The emotional challenges of facing oneself in psychotherapy
To schedule a first appointment please select this link. Although experienced with emergencies, that is not my practice focus. As an outpatient therapist I work with people who can reliably cope, are not at risk or in crisis, do not have thoughts of self-harm, and are seeking to grow.